Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Do not buy the Hero 8 Black !!!!

thank you.  I been around long enough to say. if it does not go OUR way we   quickly   andsocially  tell  the  online site and want things done because we  did not got it   to meet our schedule.  Nope not a cheerleader sorry.

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm I the UK and traded up to the Hero 8 without a hitch so although people with negative experiences are most likely to share those experiences, there are people with positive experiences.

But yeah nightmare scenario - Fishy in a cheerleading outfit - shudders.
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

I been there and Dun that.  Know there are Poeple that have no clue how to hit the On of a Computer, and that I must respect. so if you got an issue sorry  see some one to help.

no time to wait head to A store. Want the Discount and more  gopro  is  the place, they just ask for you to wait.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Don’t buy the Max either!!! Just bought the GoPro Max. Nothing but issues. This camera is not ready to be put on store shelves. It might be the best camera in the world but I’ll never know because I can’t view the videos. I tried editing the 360 videos on my brand new iPhone and this error pops up: “Photo bursts, 4K 4:3 video and 360 media are not supported at this time”. I tried this on multiple iPhones from the newest generation all the way to an iPhone 6s. Called GoPro customer care and they told me to download GoPro Player on my brand new gaming PC... the only problem with that is that “GoPro Player” doesn’t even exist for PC, it’s only for Mac. Then customer service told me to install Exporter which I’ve done and it keeps crashing as soon as in import media and start the queue. I tried doing fresh installs of exporter 3 times with no luck. GoPro, you’ve obviously rushed to put the GoPro Max on shelves before all of its software was ready. This is unacceptable. You’d think your company would have learned from that same mistake you made with the crappy Karma Drone. I should add that customer care told me to “just use the MAX in Hero mode instead of 360 mode until they can sort out the software issues”... if I wanted the Hero I wouldn’t have bought the MAX!!! Smh!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @act1photo. A  response has been provided regarding this error message that you were getting.

It would be best to check and make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for the application to work smoothly. 

Did you get any error message when you used the GoPro MAX Exporter? A screenshot would be greatly helpful. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Dude, I have a been a GoPro camera owner for years. Have had the 3's, 4's...5,6,7 and now 8 and A fusion and a MAX. You are entirely wrong about the camera and GoPro. They are one of the best customer services oriented businesses I have worked with. I am 59 years and have been in the procurement of hundreds of millions of dollars of equipment. I can tell you, you had a bad experience. They are excellent. I am a skydiver, kite boarder, snowboarder, etc. Dirt bike, four wheelers, name it I have filmed it. Take it easy.

@ehzan wrote:

I am a first time buyer for the GoPro and here is my story:

Excitedly ordered the Hero 8 Black on October 17th, 2019 from the GoPro website.

Got it delivered on October 22nd, 2019

Soon found out the camera will not charge with either the battery it came with or the extra battery I ordered, Did all the troubleshooting and everything and nothing worked. 

Did the RMA and returned the camera through UPS for replacement.

I was to travel out of the country on November 4th so called up GoPro on Oct 24th and they said I will have the replacement by this coming Saturday, Nov 2nd however did not receive any email with the shipment tracking for the replacement. Called up several times and support said they do not have any replacements in stock so they can not ship anything out.

I said I had to leave and since I can not get the camera replacement I'd rather have the refund. Support said they'd issue a refund and so far no update on the refund either. Its not that the refund has not shown up on my card but they order team has not even issued the refund so far whic I do not understand why is it taking so long.

Long story short, they are shipping out faulty cameras and the forums are full of horror stories, cameras which do not charge, overheat, have blue dots on screens. They are unable to ship out replacements and will not issue refunds either. Its a Mess !!!

So hold back from buying the Hero 8 !

Highlighted
Sightseer

How do you return it I am having the exact same issue it will not charge the battery that came with nor will it charge the extra one I bought ... bummer on this
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @wakesurfflorida. Our Support team will be able to help you. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.