Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Do You Need to Use Specialty LUTS for GoPro ProTune Footage?

[ New ]

I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this question.  But here goes.  

I'm just beginning to use the "Flat" color setting with video in my Black Hero 5.  I'm also just learning color correction in Final Cut X.  I wanted to use LUTS as a place to start my corrections.

Some LUTS on the market are being advertised as "LUTS for GoPro Protune" footage.  Is there such a thing as a specialty "LUTS for GoPro Protune?"  Or can any LUT be just as well used with GoPro flat footage?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Do You Need to Use Specialty LUTS for GoPro ProTune Footage?

[ New ]

@pacificmm, as far as I know, there's no specific LUTS for GoPro footage captured with Protune. I use Adobe apps for post-processing and apply custom LUTs I have on file depending on how I want the end result to look like.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@pacificmm, as far as I know, there's no specific LUTS for GoPro footage captured with Protune. I use Adobe apps for post-processing and apply custom LUTs I have on file depending on how I want the end result to look like.

Tourist

[ New ]

It seems as if there are no specific GoPro optimized LUTS - contrary to what was advertised by one LUT vendor.

I've tried some "optimized" LUTS and some regular LUTS and the regular ones seems to work better.  But, then again, I'm a newby in this area and have a lot to learn.

Thanks for your reply!