Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Distorted video on uploads to Quik and Photos (Mac App)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

On uploading video to both Quik and Photos (Mac App) I am experiencing distortion in a few videos. This distortion is not present when the video is viewed directly on the GoPro. The distortion is also not present on other videos imported at the same time, with this I believe it an import issue as opposed to the Operating System. 

Please advise any possible fix.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 3.46.40 pm.png
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Distorted video on uploads to Quik and Photos (Mac App)

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@foggyshore54667 - What sort of distortion? Can you post an example?

Highlighted
Sightseer

There should of been one posted with my query above. I'll attach it again direct to this reply...

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 3.46.40 pm.png
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Got it. That looks like an issue with either the SD card. If you have another card that's on our list at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308, please give that card a try. You can also try formatting the card you're using, but note that this will erase the content on the card.

It's also a good idea to update the camera's firmware. Try doing a manual update using the instructions at https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero5.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks for the reply.

Both my SD cards for the GoPro are on the above list. I also updated my Hero5 firmware to the latest release in late November just before I shot the footage I am now uploading.

It seems like an intermittent issue as I have now successfully uploaded the before distorted footage in Quik to Photos (Mac App). But also Vice Versa with what was not distorted in Quik being uploaded distorted to Photos. All a bit confusing.

I also have had issues with Quik not uploading all of the videos on my SD card although it prompts me that it has imported them all. Could these issues perhaps be linked?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

It's possible. If the files have errors in them, Quik may not recognize them to import them. Also, even with an update, it's still a good idea to do a manual update if the last update was done through Quik. It's possible that the installation had an error. With a manual update, the firmware is copied directly onto the SD card, making it a very reliable method to update your camera.