Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Display broken Hero 6

Dear guys,

the rear display of our Hero 6 is broken. The touch function is still working. I'm not sure whether it can be used under water any more. Is there a chance to check whether it is still waterproof or to replace the display?

Best regards

Markus

Broken Display Hero6

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Display broken Hero 6

@muma0005 If you plan getting a new GoPro I'd say pay the $5 and get a lot of awesome benefits and insurance. 

And make sure to hit that solution found button. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

You will need to now get a screen protector to not get glass in your finger.

you'll need to get a super suit to protect the camera   for water  

the screen gets water and it will short out the tft lcd screen that is a n opening for water t oenter,.

You may want to call gopro if you have the care or plus pkg that will get covered by the replacement program, if not then it may or may not be, and will be an option for a trade up and or discount of their    choice in the amount of percentage 20-40% max.

Call gopro chat with them yuor choice.

sorry tohear and good luck

Explorer

I agree with Fish. Best to get a screen protector to prevent you getting injured and to also keep out dust/dirt. You will want to get the Super Suit waterproof housing. Do not submerge this camera without it being in a waterproof housing.

If you have GoPro Plus or GoPro care you can send your camera in for a replacement. You should contact the GoPro Suport Team to discus your options. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Backpacker

Ouchh!! @muma0005 So first off do you have GoPro PLUS?

This service would of replaced the camera as insurance. 

Tourist

Thanks for your replys. No,unfortunately I don't have GoPro Plus. I'll will go to the next dealer and discuss what could be the best way.

Best regards

Markus

Adventurer

The retailer may take it back and pass it as damaged goods but since it was wel lthought of placing in a  nice small case that is well protected, you are more or less at his mercy good luck and leep us posted of what they did.  Love to hear, they simply   replaced the camera or offered me a refund.

Backpacker

@muma0005 If you plan getting a new GoPro I'd say pay the $5 and get a lot of awesome benefits and insurance. 

And make sure to hit that solution found button.