Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Disortion

[ New ]

On the video from GOPRO MAX appears distortion at the very bottom of the video, only in 16: 9 @ 60 format. Is this an error and the camera is damaged?

screen.png

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Disortion

[ New ]

GoPro QUIK does not support GoPro Max playback or GoPro Hero 8 GPS info.  As a result, when you play back MAX files with GoPro Quik, this may cause visual glitches and distortions.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

@auditoria, we'd like to gather a few more details to help isolate the problem. Do you see the same playback issue when the media is played back directly in the camera? Are all videos (e.i. 360, non-spherical) affected?

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello
When the media is played directly in the camera I don't see issue.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @auditoria. The distortion that you see may be due to the media player that you are using. The file is actually not impacted. Try using a different media player to check. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi.

This issue is in GoPro Quik and only with my GoPro Max. Video from Hero 8 Black is without issue.

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro QUIK does not support GoPro Max playback or GoPro Hero 8 GPS info.  As a result, when you play back MAX files with GoPro Quik, this may cause visual glitches and distortions.