Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Dismiss Screen Unlock Message Faster

Hi there, so on my Hero9 I turn on screen unlock to preventt accidental presses when I'm wearing the camera.

My issue is that, when I unlock the screen by swipping annd then pressing the unlock button, the "Screen Unlocked" message is lingering long enough for it to feel like a bother. I've tried tapping or swiping on tthe screen to dismissi the message faster an get to my settings ssooner, but I haven't been able to find anyway of interfacing with the camera fastter after unlocking tthe screen.

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Dismiss Screen Unlock Message Faster

Hello, @marauderzc7. How long does the "Screen Unlocked" message linger? We just tested on a HERO9 Black and the screen message goes off after a second sometimes,2. 

Highlighted
Tourist

In comparison with my Hero7 Black, that screen unlock goes away after 2 seconds.. like you mentioned that's just right.

My Hero9 Black, after I tap the unlock button it holds there for around 3 seconds.. yes.. not too long.. but just long enough for me to feel that it's getting in the way.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the response, @marauderzc7. A manual update will help clear any possible error with the current installation. To do this, perform the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, do a factory reset. (Preferences > Reset > Factory Reset). Let us know how it goes. Thanks!