Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Disappointed hero 5 session

Dear Go Pro Customer Service:

I bought a Go Pro camera model Gopro hero 5 two years ago and I barely used it and the camera is no longer working. I called customer service and they told me the camera is no longer under warranty and that I have to buy a new one. I think this is absurd because I only used the camera about eight times in this two year period.

I believe the camera came defective from factory because I only used it a few times in the past two years.

The problem is that the camera “don’t recognize the memory card” . I called customer service and they told me to replace the memory so I bought a new memory card directly from Go Pro.com The camera worked for about one week and the same problem happened again with the new memory I bought from Go Pro.

I called customer service again and they told me to do several procedures including formatting and reformatting the memory card but it did not work.

The last time that I called GoPro the person told me that the only thing that GoPro could do was give me discount to buy the new one.
I felt that GoPro doesn’t care if you have problems and issues with their product. The company wants to make more money after telling you to get the newest one. Very “nice” from GoPro to give you a “discount”.

By the way my brother and my cousin have the Gropro hero 4 black for more than 4 years and it is still working well after several times using.

Thank you,
Fernanda Jaime
fjaime2002@gmail.com
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Disappointed hero 5 session

Hi @fernabel23

If you have further questions/concerns regarding your case, it will be best to reach out to our Support Team.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej