Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Disappearing videos Hero 4 Black

So I went on vacation to Mexico and did three days worth of gopro recording. After the first and second days I downloaded the videos off the memory card onto my laptop but I did not delete them off the card. I then brought my gopro out on day 3 and recorded as usual. It appeared as if the videos were recording propoerly with the number indicating that videos were recording. However, when I got home, there were no files on the sd card from the last day. Also, when I put the card back in the gopro, it reverted the number of vidoes on the LCD display to the tally after the second day. As a test I tried to record another video, which it did, and when I looked at the file name on the laptop it numerically skipped about 60 numbers which should be the number of videos recorded on the third day. Has this happened to anybody!?!?!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Disappearing videos Hero 4 Black

@johnw76054, additionally, you may also try connecting your SD card to a different computer to see if that makes any difference. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @johnw76054

It is certainly not normal for files to suddenly go missing, I do recommend to reach out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card. 

What SD card are you using?

Have you tried viewing the files on a computer using an SD adapter?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your response.

I'm using a samsung memory card and I will definitely reach out to them for any reccomendations. I am also already viewing them on a computer and the files are named xxxxxx000-xxxxx154 and then xxxxxx210 which is so weird to me because I'm missing roughly 56 videos so where could they be?

Highlighted
GoPro

@johnw76054, additionally, you may also try connecting your SD card to a different computer to see if that makes any difference. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up.