Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Disabling screen dimming after 1 minute on Hero 5

So I used my Hero 5 for the first time during my diving holidays and I faced this massive design flaw : even though I set in the settings to never have the screen to turn off, it will always dim after a minute. 

I would guess that the solution would be to touch the screen but at 30m deep with a Super Suit on, it's obviously not possible. I don't need to save battery nor there is a chance for the camera to overheat at those depths so I don't unserstand why is it not possible to disable the screen dimming in the settings.

This turns a GoPro into a piece of junk for diving as you will be struggling to see what you are filming after a minute.

I might as well just use my Yi 2K without a screen, the result will be equivalent in terms of framing.

Is there a viable workaround ?

Thank you.

Please, allow this setting through a software update. At 300€, I can't even comprehend how this is not the case already.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Disabling screen dimming after 1 minute on Hero 5

Thank you for the feedback, @greenridge12674. We will pass this along to the team as a recommendation for future updates. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the feedback, @greenridge12674. We will pass this along to the team as a recommendation for future updates. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

They didn’t do any thing about it. Already on GoPro 7 and still does it. This issue is incredibly annoying. Please fire who ever came up with the screen going completely black. Then please fire who ever has decided not the change it in further models