Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Delayed order - no longer at delivery address - unable to get a hold of support

[ New ]

Hi,

Posting here because it's impossible to get a hold of AU support. Last week I tried but finally got through to the US support via chat. AU support website, the captcha doesn't display so I cannot request a call back, and the chat doesn't load.

I need my order to be routed back to GoPro and refunded. I’m no longer at the delivery address. When I ordered it said 2-3 days but it did not even ship within 2-3 days. The only reason I ordered it was because it said 2-3 days delivery. I chatted with Go Pro US support on Dec 2 and they told me they’d try to stop it from getting shipped. They didn't. And they told me if they couldn’t do that they’d reroute it back to GoPro to be refunded. I need confirmation of this. The agent said they’d send me confirmation and never did. Order  MU-00684293. Well, the shipment shows a DIFFERENT order number of SO-4287429

Please someone at GoPro get in touch with me as it's darn near impossible to reach you. I fear the order will be delivered to nobody, sit in a post office or something, and I won't get refunded!

here is the chat transcript

Chat Started: Wednesday, December 02, 2020, 17:12:49 (-0800)

Chat Origin: English Sales - San Mateo

Agent Cedie S

( 2m 54s ) Cedie: Thank you for contacting GoPro! My name is Cedie, how can I help you today?
( 3m 11s ) Visitor: Hello Cedie, I wanted to confirm that my order has not shipped yet, and if not, I want to cancel it.
( 3m 35s ) Visitor: I am located in Australia and purchased on the Australia store on Nov 30, with delivery date of today or tomorrow but it still says it hasn't shipped at all
( 3m 39s ) Visitor: therefore I need to cancel
( 3m 53s ) Cedie: Thanks for contacting GoPro Support regarding your recent order. I'll be more than happy to check that out for you. can you provide your sales order number?
( 4m 54s ) Visitor: I couldn't get a hold of anybody when trying to use the AU Contact form, so I have contacted you in US. Yes, my order number is MU-00684293
( 5m 13s ) Cedie: I see, thanks for the details. Please give me one moment to review your order.
( 5m 26s ) Visitor: Thank you
( 6m 1s ) Cedie: Welcome, Ellen.
( 10m 40s ) Visitor: Just checking if we are still connected?
( 10m 47s ) Cedie: Thanks for waiting,Ellen. Your order MU-00684293 has already been processed and now ready for shipment. We apologize but we will no longer be able to modify or make any changes on your order. apparently, the order will not be delivered today or tomorrow as the delivery would take 2-3 business days.
( 10m 59s ) Cedie: Yes, I'm still here, Ellen.
( 11m 48s ) Visitor: Hm that's very unfortunate...are we able to reject the delivery for the cost of the shipping fees?
( 11m 59s ) Visitor: Sadly I won't be at the delivery address
( 13m 33s ) Cedie: I see, the UPS might just leave the package at your front door so I cannot guarantee, Ellen. Let me go ahead and contact our Warehouse Team to see if we cal still stop the shipment of your package.
( 14m 7s ) Visitor: I think it should be clear when placing an order, that the 2-3 days does not include time to process order. Yes please, if you could contact the warehouse team that would be great.
( 15m 54s ) Cedie: I totally understand, Ellen and we apologize for the delay. Usually we process the order on time is just so happen that there were some out of stocks items in your order that we need to wait first before we process your order.
( 16m 13s ) Cedie: Yes, I'll go ahead and contact our warehouse now to stop the shipment and refund the order.
( 17m 7s ) Visitor: I see, thanks for understanding :) I tried to contact you guys on Dec 1 too but I don't think the contact forms for the Australia store is really working properly. I had submitted the form outside of biz hours, but never received a response. Same issue today when trying to connect with them via Chat or request a phone call - it says there's invalid Captcha but the Catpcha didn't even appear. Very frustrating :(
( 17m 49s ) Cedie: I see, I'm sorry if you feel that way. Thanks for reporting this issue as well, I'll take note of this and forward to our Team.
( 18m 19s ) Cedie: I'll go ahead now and contact our Warehouse Team to cancel and refund your order.
( 18m 37s ) Cedie: Once I already have the confirmation, I'll get back to you via email as soon as possible.
( 19m 36s ) Visitor: Ok thank you. Should I just await the email confirmation? Or can we keep the chat open
( 19m 45s ) Visitor: I'm hesitant to disconnect the chat since it was so hard to get in touch in the first place.
( 21m 34s ) Cedie: I see, please wait for my email confirmation instead as it would take 24 to 48 hours to get a respond from our Team. Also, if we are not able to cancel the order, we will request for a recall instead so that your order will not be delivered.
( 22m 56s ) Visitor: Okay thanks. What would the recall entail? (just so I know what to expect in that event)
( 24m 20s ) Cedie: We need to wait for the items to be delivered to us so that we could process the refund for the order.
( 25m 58s ) Cedie: You will receive the tracking number on your email as well once the order ships out just in case we failed to cancel your order. That is why we will also request for a recall in case the order ships out.
( 26m 7s ) Visitor: okay
( 26m 35s ) Visitor: in the event of the recall, does that require me to do anything or would it automatically get rerouted back to you?
( 27m 19s ) Cedie: It would automatically rerouted back to us. We will keep sending an update to you via email so that you are aware of the situation.
( 28m 7s ) Visitor: Thats great
( 28m 12s ) Visitor: Thank you very much
( 28m 35s ) Cedie: You are welcome, Ellen. Would there be anything else for the meantime?
( 28m 44s ) Visitor: No that is it, thank you so much Cedie
( 28m 48s ) Visitor: you were very helpful

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Delayed order - no longer at delivery address - unable to get a hold of support

[ New ]

@ellenl688 - Once an order has been placed and is in fulfillment, our team can try to stop it, but this is not possible in 100% of the cases. In many cases, like yours, the item does get shipped before we are able to intercept it. When that happens, you can return the order to GoPro using our 30 day guarantee if you no longer want the items.

On a separate note, if you are having issues submitting a contact request at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, be sure to manually type in your information. Cut and paste can embed other data besides the text or trigger some other protections and prevent the request from going through. If that fails, try using an incognito window to submit your request. In your specific case though, your case is still open, so our team will reach back out once there is an update.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Delayed order - no longer at delivery address - unable to get a hold of support

[ New ]

@ellenl688 - Once an order has been placed and is in fulfillment, our team can try to stop it, but this is not possible in 100% of the cases. In many cases, like yours, the item does get shipped before we are able to intercept it. When that happens, you can return the order to GoPro using our 30 day guarantee if you no longer want the items.

On a separate note, if you are having issues submitting a contact request at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, be sure to manually type in your information. Cut and paste can embed other data besides the text or trigger some other protections and prevent the request from going through. If that fails, try using an incognito window to submit your request. In your specific case though, your case is still open, so our team will reach back out once there is an update.