Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Default Zoom Setting - Hero 7 Black

[ Edited ]

The only way I can get gimble like mountain bike footage with my chesty mount is to film in 4:3 resolution wide angle and use a small zoom. I then later convert to 16:9 so that you can watch it properly on TV / YouTube. I really like 16:9 superview, but the stabilization just can't keep up and I get a semi stabalized recording. Is there no way to set a default zoom percentage?  This is a big oversite in my opinion, as I can't realy make use of the voice commands because everytime I want to film I have to stop, grab my phone, connect to Gopro,  manually zoom and then go riding.  Where as if I don't need the zoom I can just say start recording and never stop my ride.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

GoPro

Re: Default Zoom Setting - Hero 7 Black

@williamm623, GoPro will keep the last settings (e.g. resolution, FPS, etc.) set in the camera but not the zoom percentage. The zoom percentage will default back to zero once the camera is turned off / rebooted and, currently, there's no such feature in the camera to set a default setting for this.

Your suggestion is very much appreciated though. I'll pass this along to our team.

Sightseer

Thanks! That would be very much appreciated!

Sightseer

I agree with the OP--this is a significant oversight. The camera should turn on in the same state as when it turned off. Alternatively, adding a default zoom setting could work as well.