Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Dear Gopro Why should I even consider staying with gopro?

Gopro, Please give me some good reason why I should give you anymore money. I replaced a 5 year old hero4 Silver that I Loved. That thing was reliable above and beyond the call. I used it for my Dash cam I used it for my Motorcyle rides. Never had to worry if it was recording it worked. This past year I decided to upgrade and not only did I buy one but 2 Hero 7 blacks.

These things are the most unreliable pieces of garbage around. I have had to go to a Cheap Dash cam in car instead of the better image quality of my Gopro because these things even in the AC car if they are near direct sunlight they overheat and shut down. Now Im not even recording 4k or super fast frame rates I am recording same quality I did on my 4 silver. 1080 60. I drive about an hour and a half one way to work and I use my cameras for motovlog as well as to CMA for idiot drivers on the road. These are the exact same conditons I used my old Hero 4 in and never had any issues.

They are so bad at overheating and shutting down even after all updated if I am riding the cycle and the sun is shining directly on the side of my helmet I never know if the camera is going to stay running while riding. So please Give me a good reason why I should stay with gopro and not just drop gopro all together.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Dear Gopro Why should I even consider staying with gopro?

Hi @damin69

For long recordings, other users suggest removing the battery.

Let the camera run off an external power source.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @damin69

For long recordings, other users suggest removing the battery.

Let the camera run off an external power source.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

it is not the mater of external power source. I have been doing that for years. It is the overheating and locking up that is constant with the Hero7 Black when it runs for an extended period. With the sam settings I used on my 4 Silver not even the highest settings the 7 is capable off. I am just asking or trying to find out from gopro them self to give me ONE good reason with the Issues the 7 has why should I even consider the 8? Has this issue been fixed? It must not be as they sure have not even commented on the known issue. I really loved my Hero4 but I am slowly loosing faith in gopro all together.