Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Dead pixel in the sensor using night photo exposure

[ New ]

I used yesturday my gopro7 doing long exposure pictures(night mode)and i realize in all my pictures i have 3/4 dead pixel(some are brighter than others and we cant see all of them very well in each pictures/but i have a big one top left corner) affecting the picture in the same area so i guess its the sensor,when i use the normal photo mode i dont have them,but im not super happy since i love the night mode/long exposure,what can i do?thanks

GOPR2520_1597188040667.JPG
Adventurer

Re: Dead pixel in the sensor using night photo exposure

[ New ]

Do not get a Hero 8 at all then nighlapse got red  & blue spots all over    hot pixil , sensor, check with gopro if they  see it as a concern or if a fix is in the future.

Hiker

[ New ]

nightlapse?but during night mode picture same?,i did a long exposure with something in front of the lens to make it dark and i have hundred of 'spots' and all in the same place...some small some bigger

Adventurer

[ New ]

a few things to keep in mind before  you can determine its a issue?  lens spotless, humidity in air, moisture.   if it is the sensor and hotpixils not lighting up. best to talk with a gopro rep they can  find a team member that may have a answer.