04-02-2020 12:43 PM
Hello, @arkadiuszs60224. Our team is still looking into the issue. If it would not be too much to ask, we'd like to request your assistance to provide us details so we can bring them back to the team according to the specified steps below. Specifically, and if accessible to you, please send us a screen recording showing the following steps:
- Power on the camera and reformat your SD card in the preferences menu. Make sure that you have saved any important files to your personal devices before this step.
- Confirm that the date/time is accurate on the camera in the preferences menu.
- Record a test video
- Open the GoPro App, navigate to the settings menu, select "Preferences" and disable "Auto Offload"
- Navigate back to the camera section, find your camera and select "View Media"
- Save the new video that you recorded to the GoPro App
- Find this file in the gallery of the GoPro App and confirm whether or not the time stamp is accurate.
04-04-2020 04:38 AM
hi, thanks for the steps but they doesn't make any sense
I tested yesterday and recorderd few movies, then after I swapped battery movies that were recorded after are with previous date/time...
04-04-2020 04:42 AM
when sorting by date created, it's almost fine... if you will not swap battery... if you do... time date created is messed up also... and recordings are not in order...
my advice... save movies with different naming like 00001, 00002, 00003 and so on... to make our life easier..
actual naming methodology is messy
had cheap YI 4K+ cam and they were using this method to save files... and never had any problem with finding right movie for post editing/processing...
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
@mariustanya GoPro has there been a solution for this date / time freeze issue? One of my hero 8 cameras just decided it was going to start doing this. I've already had 2 cameras returned because of the same issue. #3 will be coming your way soon.
2 weeks ago
I just purchased a new Hero 8 and mine just started having an issue with the date/time of recording. January 5, 2016 is what showed up on my recording date/time. Last week it wasn't doing it. I am thinking it could be something to do with the formatting of the card.
Anyone else figure out the issue?