Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Date/time issue with GP Hero8

GoPro? any news on this?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @arkadiuszs60224. Our team is still looking into the issue. If it would not be too much to ask, we'd like to request your assistance to provide us details so we can bring them back to the team according to the specified steps below. Specifically, and if accessible to you, please send us a screen recording showing the following steps: 

1. Power on the camera and reformat your SD card in the preferences menu. Make sure that you have saved any important files to your personal devices before this step.
  2. Confirm that the date/time is accurate on the camera in the preferences menu.
  3. Record a test video 
  4. Open the GoPro App, navigate to the settings menu, select "Preferences" and disable "Auto Offload"
  5. Navigate back to the camera section, find your camera and select "View Media"
  6. Save the new video that you recorded to the GoPro App
  7. Find this file in the gallery of the GoPro App and confirm whether or not the time stamp is accurate.

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

hi, thanks for the steps but they doesn't make any sense

I tested yesterday and recorderd few movies, then after I swapped battery movies that were recorded after are with previous date/time...

Highlighted
Hiker

when sorting by date created, it's almost fine... if you will not swap battery... if you do... time date created is messed up also... and recordings are not in order...

my advice... save movies with different naming like 00001, 00002, 00003 and so on... to make our life easier..

actual naming methodology is messy

had cheap YI 4K+ cam and they were using this method to save files... and never had any problem with finding right movie for post editing/processing... 

Highlighted
Hiker

few months now and still same issue

is anyone workig on this? I don't see any fixes or new firmware updates on the official page