Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Date/time issue with GP Hero8

[ Edited ]

Is my camera faulty or someone else experiencing tihis issue also?

Files showing incorrect date/time. Not in correct order because of that.

Even if I set date/time one day and check after few days stays same and not updated.

i'm on latest FW

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Date/time issue with GP Hero8

Is this when you're viewing the files on your PC that they are not in the correct order?  Make sure you have not sorted them by file name, but instead have sorted them by "Creation date" and not "Date Modified"

Highlighted
Hiker

even when sorted by time it's not correct

as camera is saving them incorrectly...

Highlighted
Nomad

Then you need to backup all the files on your SD card, format the SD card in your camera, set the date and time on your camera again and see if that solves the issue.  Remember, Format the card, don't just delete files from it.

Highlighted
Hiker

was formatting sd several times, issue is always same
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

This is my DJI & this is my Gopro I went out at 8:AM I  flew then grabbed a shot at 8:15-8:25 I  returned home to load up my footage.

DJI knows how to correctly show the exact time, while gopro does not, I'll allow the Guru's tp explain it better then I can, but Gopro is not correctly doing its job, if asked?

Untitled.png

If I look at the Properties of Gopro it says 31 minutes ago, hich is the correct time but yet shows it in the Modifed correctly the creation is me dumping off the  camera

Highlighted
Hiker

I see a big mess and files not in order, which is a pain to pull them after to the workstation

I set time and date many times and it looks like stuck at some stage and not moving

I went into settings today and see yesterdays date :-D
Please GOPRO - fix it!
Highlighted
Nomad

Best get a screen capture of the folder your files are stored in.  Make sure you're "Viewing details" in the screen capture and post it here.  We'll see if we can solve this mystery.