Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Date issue with GP Hero8 black - Mixed dates

[ New ]

I set my subscription through, installed the App, sync all my files and realized some photos and videos files on "plus.gopro.com/media-library" got the wrong date. I selected the files and edited the date, doing that "solved", BUT always when I uploaded photos/videos to the media gallery, this happened. Inside the QuickApp (mobile), it's worse because it doesn't sync with my changes on the cloud and doesn't get the right dates. The most strange is when I select a file, e.g. a photo taken on 27/06/21 in the details of that file shows the correct date. Still, the file appears in the App on the day 26/06/21?!?!

My first thought was because maybe I changed the battery, but I started my day until the end with the same battery, and the issue still happens.

Before the suggestions for troubleshooting, I already did:

- format the sd card
- tried a different sd card
- latest drivers
- reset to the standard
- yes, the files were sorted as "date as captured."

*GoPro answered me on GooglePlay Store, asking me to ask here and mention that.

Tourist

Re: Date issue with GP Hero8 black - Mixed dates

[ New ]

nothing? Hello? GoPro Support?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @eduhazard

We have shared this with the team.

Is this only observed when the upload is done via the app?

Can you please try an auto-upload or a manual upload?

See How to Add Media to GoPro Subscription

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Thank you for answer me and share with the team.

Since I realized the auto-upload was doing that, I started the manual upload copying from the camera to the media gallery.

Also, the files in the camera changed the dates as well (without reason), I didn't change the battery, and when I opened the SSD card on the PC, some files have the right dates, and some of them get the date one day after, sometimes before(?).

Then I send them manually through the online media gallery and change the dates there, but in the mobile app...It's a mess. The mobile app doesn't get any change.