Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Date incorrect in gopro cloud video upload

[ New ]
The date and time are correct in my gopro here 9 black. When i view the videos through gopro quik, the videos are grouped by the correct date and day of week. When I download the videos from the camera into my phone, the photos are grouped correctly by date and day of week. When the camera automatically uploads the videos to the gopro cloud and i view them through go pro quik some videos are grouped together by date and day of week with the previous days recordings. See screen shot below. the circled videos were captured on Thursday July 15th. Is this because all the videos from the 14th and 15th were uploaded to the cloud at the same time? Please advise.

Dave
DAFDB614-B917-4336-8D55-E66688974CA3.png
Tourist

Re: Date incorrect in gopro cloud video upload

[ New ]
I am also adding the screenshoot from the videos on the camera so you can see that the date for the files clearly shows Thursday July 15th.

This has happened with a bunch of my previously uploaded files to the cloud. When you redownload them into the app from the cloud they are grouped with the incorrect date as well

330921FD-941E-4E2B-A38A-DF9F60BB8544.png
Tourist

[ New ]

It happens to me too. At first I thought it had something to do with the timezone, than I saw some recordings shifted 1 hour ahead and some 2. Color me surprised... 

Have a nice week end.

A.

Tourist

[ New ]
Here is a screenshot from downloading the video from the cloud. As you can see it has the incorrect date
26EA99EA-3391-4929-94AA-9A42F1BC4F7D.png
Tourist

[ New ]
And finally, here is the video when I download it directly from the camera bypassing the cloud. As you can see, it has the correct date.

Dave
0D081378-EF28-4CDB-A681-72C51CEFF228.png
Tourist

[ New ]

@alexvio wrote:

It happens to me too. At first I thought it had something to do with the timezone, than I saw some recordings shifted 1 hour ahead and some 2. Color me surprised... 

I was wrong, it's definitely the timezone, I am in EU CEST it's adding 2 hours to every recording I am doing.

Can someone kindly reach out to the devs to have a look at this issue? And since we are here, could you please tell them to fix the iOS app to use the iOS14 new feature that allows us to use as default other mail clients other than the Mail app so we can send a feedback even if we don't have that app installed on our mobile devices? I don't think that's English but... I think you'll get it.

Thanks in advance and have a great week end.

A.

Tourist

[ New ]
I’m in the hawaii timezone. It doesn’t appear to have anything to do with my timezone since it says the upload was 12 hours+ earlier. I think it has something to do with the batch upload from the gopro camera to the cloud. Since I had 2days worth of stuff to upload, wednesday and thursday, the upload used the 1st day date which was wednesday. but what do i know.

Dave
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Dave,

I could be wrong, could be even something else, I just noticed with the last upload it was 2 hours away, I live in a GMT + 2 due to the DST.

If you look at the exact time, in the image info on the website not the app, if you see about -10hrs difference, it's the website that is, for some reason I honestly can't understand, correcting the time and data of your photos like tey where taken with a GMT clock. By the way forgive my English. If it's not, then the problem in the service is something else, but still a problem and should be addressed. Maybe GoPro should invest in some R&D on all fronts instead of just marketing.

Enjoy Hawaii and your dives.

A

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @wolfman4ever @alexvio

Thank you for the information.

We have shared this with the team for further checking.

We'll post back once we have an update.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks @aragon1006, appreciated.

A.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks