Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Date - Incorrect Video Creation Date

[ New ]

After researching this further, I wrote a program which can fix the timestamps on videos created by GoPro cameras (or any camera which outputs MP4 files and stores the local time rather than UTC).

The program is command line for windows. First, copy "Fix_Timestamps.exe" to the directory where the video you want to fix is located (or add to your PATH variable to use from any directory). To open a Powershell window, hold shift and right click inside the folder where the video you want to fix is (make sure no file is selected). Click "Open PowerShell window here", or "Open command window here" if you're on older versions of windows. Type "Fix_Timestamps.exe [filename] [timezone]" and press enter. [filename] is the video to fix, and [timezone] is the timezone offset where the video was recorded (i.e. -6 for Central time). It will then ask for each track in the video whether you want to change the timestamp. I'd probably change all of them. Please make copies of your videos before using this tool to ensure it has the desired effect. You can also optionally add "-y" to the end of the command to process the video without asking for each track.

Download Here

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here (well, same as SOME of these posts, but not others). My new Hero 7 Black SOMETIMES records the correct date, and other times it is WILDLY off. I shot several videos while skydiving two weeks ago -- all dates were correct (Jan 20, 2019). Shot three more today (same camera, same SD card, all the same), and all were dated Jan 9, 2016 (YES, 2016). 

I had the EXACT same problem with my previous unit, a Hero 4. From digging through these threads, it appears that many people have this same problem, and it's been going on a LLOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time. What does it take to get a fix to this?!?

Others just have the "GMT Offset" issue that gives the wrong timestamp, but the correct DATE. I do NOT have that issue, I just get random dates sometimes, and correct dates other times. 

Come on GoPro -- this is absurd!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Image for my previous post:

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 19.16.11.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Until there is a fix per GoPro I am not using my GoPro Hero4 Black.

This problem has forever bugged me.

I have a Panasonic TM700 HD Camcorder that keeps the exact "Time Stamp" of Time and Date that the Video was created.

This problem has been with GoPro cameras from the beginning and people just look the other way.

GoPro has had ample time through many GoPro models year after year to correct this issue but they choose not to.

I also do not trust 2nd or 3rd party software fixes.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for your application.
However, I can't manage to make it work. It says that it is not a recognized command.
Any help?

Tourist

[ New ]

Ummmm, what are you referring to, Ragnor ?!?

@ragnor wrote:

Thanks for your application.
However, I can't manage to make it work. It says that it is not a recognized command.
Any help?

Tourist

[ New ]

Very frustrating/annoying/disheartening that GoPro is ignoring these posts...

Tourist

[ New ]

Try "./Fix_Timestamps.exe [filename] [timezone]" (note the ./)