Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Date - Incorrect Video Creation Date

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks! Feel free to post back if the issue will be cleared.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Having the same issue

Noted that this is a systemic issue for all the videos.

In my case, the video creation date would be pushed 8 hours ahead of the actual creation time.

It is strange because I am based in Singapore, so it doesnt really look like a time zone issue (there isnt a place that is 8hours ahead of singapore in terms of timezone).

Capture.PNG

Not sure if this helps..

But given the nature, this doesnt look like a Windows 10 importing issue?

cheers

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @kenk565

Thank you for posting your results. Are these files imported to your computer via Quik for desktop? If it is, then it might be the same issue that we have forwarded to the team. We do not have new information on it yet though but we will keep you posted once we do. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi all, I live in Turkey and I have the same problem for years. Everytime I hoped that this issue will be solved in new models but unfortunately the same thing happens since from my first GoPro to now. I used hero 4, hero session, hero 5 and now hero 6. Always same time stamp problem in exif info's of videos.
İt's so interesting that I don't see it at transferred photos, but I see it all transferred videos from GoPro to my devices.

What I tried? First I thought that it is because of transferring to iPhone by wireless. So I connected devices to PC but the same thing happened. Than I bought an lighting sd card reader and tried to transfer with this reader directly to iPhone again but the same thing happened again. At last I gave up and started to correct manually every single video time exif data after I transferred from my GoPro.

The interesting part of this issue is that time shifts after transferring to iPhone or PC are 3 hours shifts.
But when I visit a city that has a different time zone, I saw that time shift is changing. For example when I capture a video in Istanbul, after transferring the video, I correct the it's time 3 hours back. But at April 2018, I visited Lisbon, and when I transferred the videos that I captured at Lisbon, I had to correct them 1 hour back.
So that makes me think that, this issue is like disorientation (I couldn't find the right word) of time zone settings between GoPro and other devices. (But why only at videos? Why not also at photos, that's an interesting part too)

Now, It's time for hero 7
But will be the same issue go on?
I hope not...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @drsea

Thank you for sharing your observation. We will forward this to the team in addition to the information that we have already provided before. The team is aware of the issue and we have yet to hear from them as to an update or a fix. We will definitely keep you posted once we hear back from them. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I'm experiencing the same issue, where the imported clip times don't match the "Date Created" on the source memory card.  Displaying the "Info Cluster" in Quik's gauges show's the correct date, but incorrect time.  In fact, I'm not sure where the timestamp metadata is located which the gauges are reading from, since they don't match up with imported clip "Date Added" or "Date Modified" - from what I can tell the time difference is 7 hours which aligns with my timezone GMT -7 (during daylight saving time)

Hero5 Black - latest firmware

GoPro Quik 2.7.0.874

macOS 10.13.6

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 4.16.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 4.18.14 PM.png

Compare it to (accurate) photo file info taken during the same session and imported:

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 4.24.52 PM.png

Tourist

[ New ]

I have a similar problem, but the date is incorrect on the SIM as well.  I have videos I took in July 2018 that are dated 1-1-2016.  Other videos taken the next day are time/date stamped correctly.

I also just today took more video... some of the video is time stamped for today correctly, others are showing as having been taken tomorrow (which unless this is an amazing new time warp feature, dont believe this is possible).  My camera is showing the correct date/time, btw.  Hero 6 Black, latest firmware.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details you shared, @russw47143 . It would be awesome if it was an actual timewarp feature, but no. Our team is aware of, and working towards a fix regarding this issue on time and date settings. We are still waiting for the fix. Please continue to watch out for updates. Best regards!