Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Date - Incorrect Video Creation Date

[ New ]

My Hero 6 Black (third replacement for various reason), latest firmware, new battery,  has a problem with the creation date of videos.  The date of creation when displayed through the app or directly on the SC card is correct and agrees with the dates for photos.  However, when the files are copied to the PC the date and time of the video but not photos changes to the date/time of copy to the PC?

I have tried to ask support without any suggestion or even acknowledgment that this is a real problem.  It has happened on multiple 6 Blacks and with various SD Cards so it is not a hardware problem.  When I mount the SD Card without the app, I can rename the video file on the SD Card, thereby forcing the file to be closed properly.  This works sometimes.  Other times the file, when copied to the PC, is given a random time???

I don't have this problem with other video cameras (e.g, ION or Nikon).  The PC is new, with lots of memory and disk, Windows 10 and all software is up to date.

GoPro 4-5-2018.JPG
Adventurer

Re: Date - Incorrect Video Creation Date

[ New ]

quick/edit/prefrence , Synch did you do that?

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same isuue for me. Any solution or software to change date andtime, or at least rename gopro files with media created date ?

Anonymous

[ New ]

It's not a sync problem, the created date and time is ok on gopro. The date and time is only modified when importing on PC Win 10

Adventurer

[ New ]

thank you. I understand  now.  later I shall try myself again later and with a video. put on my list of things.

FISH

Anonymous

[ New ]

Still, I have no idea why this happens when I move from an SD Card to Windows 10 hard disk.  

It is incredibly annoying to spend weeks in Alaska taking pictures and video and having to manually match the time and date.  

Does anyone have a clue where I can look for a solution? 

Thanks

GoPro SD vs HD 6-27-18.JPG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

What SD card are you using?

Have you tried a factory reset on the camera?  Preferences> Factory Reset

If it will still be the same, please run a manual software update. This usually corrects most issues on the camera.

Once done doing a reset or an update, format the card on the camera itself. Make sure to save any important files before doing this. Preferences> Format SD Card

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Anonymous

[ New ]
Ej
Tried them all. SD Card does not matter, tried several from the approved list. Mostly use a 128 Sandisk Extreme. Did the factory reset, several times, did maual updates, tried DIFFERENT cameras since I had cold weather battery issues with one H6. I will format the Card on the Camera

My best guess is that it is a quirk of the newest Windows 10 OS but is completley repreatable.