Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Data extraction failed for video with gpmf data

Hi, I have a test video with embedded gpmf data (with GPS, Gyro and Acceleration data), but when importing into Dashware, I get the error "Data Extraction Failed". Could someone take a look at the file and see why it won't import?

The only gpmf telemetry parser I have gotten to work is RaceRender, but I would rather use Dashware since it is free and it seems to be more standard for GoPro.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Data extraction failed for video with gpmf data

Hello @fugok73. If you contact our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to check on the files and determine what could be causing the issue. You may reach them by phone or chat. When you do, have sample files ready. The one you posted only gives a black screen. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry, I may have formulated my question incorrectly. My point is that my test video file, although only containing a black still image, has an embedded metadata track that follows the gpmf standard and contains the same kind of telemetry data that a video from a Hero5 would contain.

The telemetry data shows up correctly in Racerender, so the reason it doesn't show up in Dashware is probably because Dashware is more strict about some properties of the video. This would hopefully be easy for a Dashware developer to check since they probably get more detailed debugging output than "Data Extraction Failed". I would like to know why it fails.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fugok73

You can also check out Blank Preview Screen, Grayed Out Controls and Other Video Display Issues

We have raised this to the team in charge, in the mean time you can use RaceRender.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thats great, thank you.

It would be awesome if whatever feedback there is from the team in charge would be left or linked here. Thank you.