Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Dashware and Hero5 Black

Hi All,

I am struggling with Dashware and a Hero5 Black.

I can get the dat aup in Quick, so I know its in the video, but I can get it to work in Dashware.  Is this app still supported?  It's clunky as, ans I can't for the life of me work it out.

The tutorial on the GoPro site, actually does not follow what happens on my PC, so I am not sure if that is now old or what.

If someone can assist to simply get the overlay working on a Hero5 file, I would be grateful, as I can simply not get it to work. Even with 20 years in the IT undustry, and it has me stumped!  :(

PS - I am running on Windows 10.  I don't get any CSV file created, and when the video comes up, one gauge is there, but it does not dispplay data etc.

Cheers

John

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Dashware and Hero5 Black

Are you adding the CSV file?
"The "Add Data File" window will appear once the data has been extracted from the video file. The data logger file and data profile section will auto-populate as you see it below. Click "Add" to add the data file to your project."
https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Overlay-Telemetry-from-GoPro-Cameras-in-Dashware

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Ok... So I have spent another hour trying to get this to work, and it simply will not.

I have now tried a dozen video files.  All of the work in Quik.  Data is there, as the gauges work, but not in Dashware.

Surely I am not the only person on the planet that has this issue?

Anyone?

Explorer

Are you adding the CSV file?
"The "Add Data File" window will appear once the data has been extracted from the video file. The data logger file and data profile section will auto-populate as you see it below. Click "Add" to add the data file to your project."
https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Overlay-Telemetry-from-GoPro-Cameras-in-Dashware
Hiker

That's my point.  There is no CSV file that gets created!  Nor does it ask me for one.

Here is a video I created of what happens.  If you can point out what is going wrong, I would be grateful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u705xu7vv8q629g/dashware.mov?dl=0

Cheers

John

Explorer

Look in your Documents folder. When I followed your steps the csv was creater in C:\users\{user name}\Document\DashWare Projects\2018-01-28 00.00.00 GH030140\GH030140.csv
Hiker

Yeah - Thought of that!  There are folders in there with XML files in them, but certainly no CSV.

It's crazy!  Nobody seems to have an answer.  :(

Explorer

The only thing I can suggest at this point is, try again with a different file. If you don't see the file, search "This PC" for csv. If the csv was created it will show up somewhere. I just tested it before my previous post so I know it works. At least it is for me, so hopefully it's just putting the file somewhere you haven't looked. Also, not that you should have to do this, but in File Explorer go to view and make sure "Hidden items" is checked.
Hiker

Tried that!  I have tried about 12 different files, and I have searched the entire drive.  No CSV file is being created.  :(