Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Dashware and Hero5 Black

WOW!  Problem solved.  Race Render worked perfectly first time!

Looks like I will be waving Dashware goodbye.  I don't mind paying for software that works well, so Race Render is it.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Cheers

John

Sightseer

For what it's worth, I'm having the opposite problem with the Hero 5 Black.  It extracts the telemetry from the file, but the video itself doesn't show up.  If I go to file/create a video, it does create a video with the video file I entered and the gauges, but since the video doesn't show up in the app, it won't let me do anything else, like set start and finish, trim the beginning and end, etc.  Plus it's tough to place the gauges and things without seeing the video!  Basically useless in this state.  I'll give racerender a try!

Hiker

I have been trying to get this to work with my Hero 5 or 6 with Karma and on one PC get the extraction failed.

I have found if you try and run one of the components of DashWare it errors saying missing msvcp120.dll and it seems the easiest way to fix this is to install  Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (only a few megs in size).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Extraction then works.

Also if it is still playing up check this video re updating the Hero and Karma input files (copying them from Quik)

https://youtu.be/gAoUy_LjvEo

Tutorial como usar la telemetría del GPS de la Hero 6 Black con Dashware
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Try the new app Myk Telemetry and Audio for GoPro.  It uses the iPhone/Android sensors for telemetry data and renders everything in the app automatically!  No need to touch a PC, export etc.  www.myk.app

Cycle Android Cover.png