Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Damaged case of GoPro hero 7 and Battery discharge automatically without any action performed

[ New ]

We appreciate it, @ankitramani. We hope to hear back from you. Thanks!

Tourist

Re: Damaged case of GoPro hero 7 and Battery discharge automatically without any action performed

[ New ]

Hello, 

I tried with given suggestions like manually update the firmware and let the video run unitl battery dies.

All looks good sofar and since then I have never had issue with heating problem and battery is also not discharging dramatically.

I hope and wish the problem is really solve now.

Is there any other suggestions to followup to make sure that problem is really gone?

Many thanks for all your help and support.

Regards,

Ankit.

GoPro

[ New ]

@ankitramani, the camera's maximum battery capacity will vary based on settings, environmental conditions, and other factors. You may check this article that lists down the estimated runtime (in minutes) of the GoPro cameras: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Camera-Battery-Life/ta-p/394294

Make sure that the camera is completely turned off by pressing and holding the power button instead of pressing it once. It will also help to disable Wi-Fi connectivity when not in use.

Let us know if anything else comes up.