Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Damaged case of GoPro hero 7 and Battery discharge automatically without any action performed

[ New ]

Dear Contact Person, 

My name is Ankit Ramani, recently I ordered Go pro hero 7.

My Order number is 43493279,

Camera Serial number is *** and

version number 01.09

Currently, I am facing two problems.

1. Case or frame of the camera is damaged, you can see that in the attached picture.

2. Battery discharge without any reason.

I did turn off GPS and wifi already, but no help. The camera is getting very hot too, I don't understand why it is so.

I haven't used a camera for a long time, only a few minutes of video that's it.

Please guide me on what to do with this situation.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards, 

Ankit Ramani.

117356701_223771355606574_1979181453441015866_n.jpg
GoPro

Re: Damaged case of GoPro hero 7 and Battery discharge automatically without any action performed

[ New ]

Hi @ankitramani

What SD card are you using? Do you have the camera up to date?

Please go over the steps on Short Record Times

Regarding the shared picture, the part highlighted is just from the plastic molding.

The frame is not damaged.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Damaged case of GoPro hero 7 and Battery discharge automatically without any action performed

[ New ]

Thank you very much for reply.

I am using the same SD card comes with the Go pro.

Camera update I guess I did it when I first ON the camera, but I will go through it again to check if it do any help.

Many thanks and will update you again.

ANkit.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello EJ,
One more thing, as you suggest in your post regarding to the setting, the thing is I haven't record any thing at all. When I got my camera, I just did basic settings and record small clip for 1 min or so to just make sure all works good or not.
After that I switched it OFF and next morning when I took my camera, it was really hot and battery was fully discharged too.
So I guess nothing related to recording and processing as you mentions.
Regarding to the damage part, yes not on camera but Plastic molding (I forgot this word sorry for that).
Regards,
Ankit.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ankitramani. In addition to the troubleshooting steps previously suggested, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card. 

You can also try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Many thanks. 
I will try your suggestion and let you know.

I am using SD card from recommended card list, so I haven't seen any issue regarding to that.

Anyways, I will keep updating.

Is it also possible that battry might be damaged or something? I have read some post that they have issue with battery and after replacing it problem was somehow solved, I am not thinking the same, just asking if yes, then how can we make sure that battery is good or bad or it is issue with other things (might be software or something else.)

Thank you very much in  advance.

Best Regards, 

Ankit.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ankitramani. It could also be a case of a faulty battery. Let us know how it goes after you perform the suggested steps. 

It would help to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works efficiently. To do this, run a short record time test following these instructions.

If you get a battery life that is significantly shorter than expected, please contact our Support team so they can assist you with the next steps.

To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.

Tourist

[ New ]

Many thanks for feedback.

I will keep you update once action is done.

Regards, 

Ankit.