05-26-2019 06:17 PM
Hello @principem14. Has your camera always shown a black screen on the rear display? If not, try manually updating the camera firmware. The instructions below will guide you through the process:
- Go to the HERO5 Black update page.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.
Make sure that the camera is fully charged prior to the update, and that the SD card is formatted. If the screen remains black even if the camera is powered on, the next step would be to engage our Support team. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .
05-26-2019 08:53 PM
What seems to be the issue with contacting Support? Are you attempting to connect with them by phone, or by chat? Could it be that you are trying to reach them beyond hours of operation? If you are calling, try using a different line as not all networks allow calls to international toll free numbers. If by chat, try changing the location (see upper-right portion of the contact page) and see if te request will go through. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!