Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Customer support is just plain horrible!

[ New ]
I have tried to reach customer support now for a couple of weeks. Impossible to email them. Impossible to reach the on the phone. (hours of waiting time.) Tried to write to you through the customer support form. "When pressing send, the message isn't sent. I get 2 options; Start a chat - waiting time about 5 min." I just get the message "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later." But this IS later, I have tried multiple times over 2 weeks. Option 2: Request a call. Response: " Invalid Captcha. Please retry." But no captcha appeared.

I know it is Covid and all that GoPro, but this is just not acceptable!

I tried to reach out because the advertised price on your webpage is wrong. On the web page it says 4.399 NOK included 1 year GoPro Plus. But on arrival I find out the 5.499 NOK is deducted from my card, and no GoPro Plus included..

This is my 5. GorPro, and probably the last, if you do not get your **bleep** together pronto.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Customer support is just plain horrible!

[ New ]

Same here, wtf

Hiker

[ New ]

i’d like to know who tests the prototypes out before they’re released! 

Pixels that don’t go off, sound modules that get disabled because of a bug, a colour profile that is .... well......

The camera locks. It randomly records. Great smoothing, shame about the detail. 

Firmware updates galore until the next model IS the new firmware update.

I use mostly Sony cameras and if they sent out cameras in that state, I’d be horrified.

With GoPros, everyone seems to accept locking up and permanent updates as a normal thing. 

There’s a great guy on YouTube who has a theme tune for his channel that has the words, ‘All I want is a perfect camera’. For GoPro, ‘All I want is a working camera’. ;)

They’ve lost me as a future customer because I won’t be back for a 10. But as long as they get more out than in, they don’t mind. Just a numbers game.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Please follow up with support through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

When filling out the form,  enter the details manually to avoid captcha errors.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for replying, but that does not help at all. The whole problem is that it is impossible to submit a request.

"Enter the details manually," what does that even mean?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tnpsegim

Please do not copy/paste the information when filling out the form.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

I requested a callback two weeks ago, but NOTHING until yet.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for trying! But this is just not helpful at all. I did not copy paste. AND, if what you suggest is true, it should be stated with BOLD CAPITAL letters above the customer support form, and pop up as a varying, if one tries to copy paste. 

I think it is about time GoPro admit towards yourself that you have a huge customer support challenge, when it comes to quality. Or admit to your customers that you just do not care, or are on the brink of bankruptcy, as an explenaition for why you are not prioritizing it. 

A short trip on Trustpilot, and many more customer satisfaction web page, proves with fairly good confidence that; !. this is a systemic problem in your organizartion and 2. It has been going on for years. 

Please make your superiors aware of this thread.