Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Customer service is bad

[ New ]

@aenriquez wrote:

@lighttouchphoto, we can help follow up on your case with our Support Team. I tried using the email address on your Support Hub profile however, all I see are orders associated with the email. May we please have your case number for reference?

Hi @aenriquez,

I don't have a case number. I emailled support and have had no response.

I recieved the Max Lens Mod and it won't attach to the gopro. It turns most of the way to being fully attached and grinds to a stop about 15 degrees from being straight. Also, all the way there is a metal against metal gringing feel and sound.

Hiker

[ New ]
Why no reply?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @steven840

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We see that an update has been made on the tracking status.

Please continue to check it through https://www.ups.com/track 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Finally got a response from GoPro and they now want me to send the Hero9 and Max Lens Mod back to them for replacement. That means I won’t have it for about 10 days. No mention of any extension of my warranty to cover the loss of use due to their manufacturing error.
Hiker

[ New ]

just note that you probably won't get a brand new unit back (refirb as others have told). AND you now forfeit your money back return AND you have to pay the return postage. 

what a customer orientated returns policy it is.......NOT

send it back for a refund and buy local or consider other brands who actually value customers and give customer service

Tourist

[ New ]

I was promised a new camera and lens that have been checked to ensure the lens fits.
I was sent a prepaid return label.

I now have to wait to see what arrives.

Hiker

[ New ]

I too have had and continue to have a horrible experience with GoPro customer service/support.  I bought a camera for my daughter for Christmas, defective out of the box, would not charge and was shipped back 12/28.   Multiple calls to support, given empty promises from support, unable to give updated information, unable to contact the warehouse, supervisor never got back to me.  Finally just got a tracking number for the replacement camera and will only have 3 days until the end of my return period, since it has been out of my hands for 1 month.  Requests to have my return period extended have so far gone answered.  

For anyone reading this thread and hasn't purchased a gopro yet.  Be warned.  I would look at a different camera.   If you really want a GoPro it's probably worth paying more from a Brick and Mortar that offers a warranty program, that will let you bring the camera in and replace it with a brand new one from off the shelf.