Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Crazy battery drain in hero 6

A larger card can be used, it's just not supported   the  memory of the card may not be  seen it will  just bottom  out at 128gb.  it can crash the cam to working perfect.   

Highlighted
Backpacker

i've used a 200gb Lexar card for quite some time in my Hero 5 Black, but for some reason the card locks up & write protects itself every few months so finally returned it

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey, my battery only charges to 96% and the red charging light never turns off.  Is that the same thing that happens with yours?

Highlighted
Explorer

It was. After a few days use and complete discharge and recharging, it's behaving normally.
Highlighted
Backpacker

i put mine on charge from a USB power back the other night, checked in the morning & was only at 74% but had a couple of videos of my ceiling lol

Highlighted
Tourist

Went through six different new batteries, the GoPro 6 went from 99% to 0% in five seconds with the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 gb. I used the San Disk Ultra 64 gb, it went from 100% to 44%.

I'm on a video shoot for a client, will have to make do with my GoPro 5, and I have a $500 paperweight. GoPro needs to get their act together.

Highlighted
Tourist

I've got another Hero 6, also a 3rd battery but ended up exchanging my SD card to a Samsung Pro Plus from Sandisk. Wont say it last much more than that.. There is only aprox. 2% difference between the 2 hero6(one with samsung one with sandisk), runing from 100%-0%.

Hoping for some update for the camera soon, maybe they will extend the battery life somehow..

70 min on 2.7k and two single clip (so screen off), wont say it's amazing..

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

"70 min on 2.7k and two single clip (so screen off), wont say it's amazing"..

What framerate? 30, 60 or 120. 

Regardless, 1hour 10min in 2.7 K sounds about right