Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Crazy battery drain in hero 6

good luck

Highlighted
Hiker

@jrharvey sorry to hear that you're having an issue with ur hero 6 battery. i too am on my 2nd hero 6 unit. but the battery wasnt the issue. heck i used it for 2 hrs (on and off when needed, about an hr of footage at 4k 30 voice triggered + stablization). i had a lexar 633x 64gb if ur wondering. i think u should return ur unit if gopro cant do anything for you asap. be mindful of your return grace period. but if u really dont wanna return.... then i guess take the hit and buy another battery pack man. even a cheapo brand alternative sounds better than ur hero 6 battery atm. ur call
Highlighted
Tourist

I think either my battery or SD card is faulty as i did 36 mins recording today in 1080p60 and my battery went down to 48%.. 

I'm pretty sure this must last longer...

Highlighted
Tourist

What is wrong with SanDisc Ultra??

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

@rolands6453 wrote:

What is wrong with SanDisc Ultra??

the write rate isn't high enough, I've got several & they can't cope so the GoPro either freezes or just stops recording

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Just ordered a Samsung Pro plus 64GB instead and will return this.. 

Hope it will solve the issue. 

Just in case i have requested for a replacement camera as well so by Wednesday i will know which one was the faulty one..

Highlighted
Adventurer

its not  the card  its too general  

Highlighted
Explorer

@jrharvey

Just FYI: You shouldn't use any SD card bigger than 128GB.  While a 256GB might work, the camera is not rated for it and you will be more likely to run into issues.  Best to stick to this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations