Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Crazy battery drain in hero 6

Well I can try that but the SD card is the same froy hero 5
Highlighted
Explorer

@jrharvey
Two very different cameras. They might have similar names with the same exterior, but inside these are very different cameras. What SD card are you using?
Highlighted
Adventurer

What settings are enabled, maybe ertain settings need to be disables  one main one  is hte  voice command that turns on hte camera, iwth voices, Do youthink you accedentally said certain words that turn on the cam?

On the Hero 5 quikCapture did drain the bat, not all cameras are the same. and  If gopro made a new camera  doesnot mean a sd card company made a faster card today, but you will need to have  a  recommenated card for sure..

factory reset try again turn off voicecommand and  see if it helps, called an opinion and suggestion

Highlighted
Hiker

Ok I just checked and voice command is off. I think my battery is a dud. I charged it all night and I took the GoPro off the charger and without taking any video or even turning the thing on at all I checked and only have 30% battery left. An hour of idle time should not use 70% battery even with a bad SD card. The SD card is SanDisk Ultra Plus Micro SDXC 128gb.
Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear ya. thanks for checking on that  Dump the Ultra not the card for gopro, maybe another camera like a   3mp one.   you need to have a 4K rated card. at 45mb or higher write speed?

Highlighted
Hiker

I don't remember the exact speed but I think the card is rated at 80mbps. I bought it last year so I may be wrong. I was looking to upgrade anyways. Any good 200gb or 256gb cards I can use?
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

no more comment on ultra's  for me  sorry.

if you got a ohm's meter test your battery leads each  cell( I say each cell for reasons) should measure the  3.6-8vdc ifit is below 3.6vdc  then you got a batterythat is bad, the actual voltage off hand will be on a fullycharged battery;

4.19-4.20 VDC.

GoPro stock vcan simply sat and  defects do happen.  you may  need to call gopro on the battery part or simply return your camera for a new one since  it is a  few days old. and be trouble free.

again no more comment on a ultra card for me

Highlighted
Hiker

Ok so been using the battery from my hero 5 and it has lasted a lot longer. Im not seeing crazy drain. Seems normal. I think my battery is a dud. Ill see if GoPro can replace JUST the battery. I dont want to replace the whole thing or take it back again. This is my second hero 6 already.