Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Cracking and popping in sound

Hello,

I'm just back from a trip and did a lot of recording. With a lot of disappontment I had to realize that my footage has a lot of crackings and poppings in sound. Somewhere I found a post about turning off Wind from auto to off could help in the audio settings. I tried this and it seems to help. Does anybody else have these problems?

I'll now try to reapply the latest firmware update and if this doesn't help then I'll send it back. Didn't have these issues with my Hero 8.

Unfortunately I can only attache a picture, otherwise I'd had attached a audio file.

Greetings,

Jean-Claude

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Cracking and popping in sound

Reapplying the update doesn't fix the problem. Still cracking and popping...

Turning Wind setting from Auto to Off seems to help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @jcberens. We will pass this along to the team. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your answer. I have made a new test and it definitively improves the audio, but I can still hear some low poppings and crackings in the background when I use headphones to listen to the audio. When the wind reduction is turned to auto, the audio becomes completely useless as there are cracks and pops like they were on audio from old vinyl records from the old time. So I guess I have to return it for replacement.