Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Corrupted video (TimeWarp) files

[ New ]

Hi

7 out of 13 files got corrupted on GoPro 7 Black. The files could not be played back on a camera. When checking directly the content of the SD card those files cannot be displayed by any application. While the correct files are rather 1 GB in size, the corrupted files are in range of  35 KB to 7MB. There are corresponding "THM" files.

The camera was recording well (the first 6 timewarp files), then all remaining files got corrupted. The picture taken in that "corrupted phaze" was ok.

Recording was started from a GoPro application on Android. Camera seemed to work correctly - there were beeps when starting and terminating a recording. At the end of the recording the view on the camera screen was vertically devided into two parts.

Recording parameters: timewarp, 4K, 10x, wide.

SD Card: Samsung EVO Plus 128GB (from the list of supported cards).

Latest firmware loaded: v1.7

The corrupted files can be provided on request.

GoPro

Re: Corrupted video (TimeWarp) files

[ New ]

Hi @eligiuszh1

Will you be able to test the camera with a different SD card?

Does the same happen when recording on a regular video mode?

Format the SD card on the camera then proceed with the test recordings.  Formatting an SD Card With HERO7

Please make sure to save any important files.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

I had exactelly the same problem. different camera (but as well GoPro7) and different SD card

I can share the files.

Regards

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for answer.
Please let me know whether your feedback is provided as the official answer on behalf of GoPro? If not, how that could be brought to GoPro attention?
The issue occurs randomly. There are periods when it works perfectly with the same SD card. Hence there is no guarantee that if I use different SD card, format it and do not observe the issue the problem is gone – if the problem is not understand and addressed by GoPro it can reoccur in the least expected moment again.

I expect that GoPro analyze the case starting from seeing the corrupted files.

Maybe it is worth to investigate the interaction between GoPro and GoPro android application?
I cannot afford to lose the long recordings after costly traveling.

regards

Eligiusz

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @eligiuszh1

All issues reported on the Hub are shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej