Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Corrupted files - gopro corrupted most of my files

I have 2 days of recorded videos lost by corrupted SD card made by GOPRO7

I was viewing files days before so I know all files were there. Than today I was recording and suddenlz i noticed that when I was supose to record it was not recording, than I opened the app to see if it recorded file and I got error that it cannot connect to libary and that i should just restart gopro, and i did just that and than it showed me no errors but at the media there were no files. When I plugin SD card into computer it showes me that it is used 20Gb out of 64 but there are just  1.2 Gb on the card when I browse card.

Is there a way to recover these videos? This is my worst experience of any product.

I tried some software to recover files but the files I get dont work, and i tried few video repairing softwares. I spent already searching for solution 5 hours and I could recover deleted files but not the one that were corupted.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Corrupted files - gopro corrupted most of my files

Hello @gregn34352. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Which SD card are you using? Is it one of the recommended SD cards here? Have you formatted the SD card prior to using it in the camera? Aside from making sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware, having the correct SD card and formatting it prior to use will get rid of the file corruption issues.

As the issue may vary from SD card manufacturers, we do not have any preferred methods of data recovery. However, you may be able to perform a Google search to find various data recovery options to recover the footage that had been lost. Since this is certainly not normal for missing files to suddenly go missing, we recommend to reach out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi, I am using SanDisc Extreme 64Gb. And I have upgrated to the latest firmware. The card is obviosly corrupted now and was not before, so why would I format it. I know I can format now but I will loose all my filies that I still have faith to repair.

I was using many cameras and phones and never lost single media file, This is just beyond believe.

I am having it for 20 days.

So what should I do now with this camera, is this normal?

I cannot go somewere to record, spent all day and then loose all my video.

Where I can consult about that? - I dont want to have faulty equipment.

Highlighted
Explorer

The camera didn't corrupt your files, you just have a bad card.