Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Converting GX to GH

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I am new to the Go Pro community and noticed that my laptop can only use GH files or lower. I have the Hero 7 Black and it shoots in GX files, which are unusable for me to edit. 

Is there a way I can convert them? Because in GX files, I only have sound an black screen. 

Regards,

Rodney

Nomad

Re: Converting GX to GH

You may want to read this:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-convert-gopro-hevc-videos-to-h-264-using-handbrake

With Windows 10, you need to download a HEVC codec to play and edit video's.  Alternatively you can use the conversion guide above.

Hope this helps.

Tourist

At the moment, I am downloading DIVX becuase I found this one in an earlier post. 

I have indeed Windows 10, does it also have to do with the video cart of my laptop or not?

Nomad

Right now you're not seeing video because you don't have the needed Codec installed to display video.

Once you get the codec you should be able to see video.  However whether the video plays smoothly or not will depend on the speed of your Laptop and the speed of your video card.

Tourist

It is working pretty good with the DIVX,

Thanks a lot