Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Continued fail update Hero3 Black

The SD card need not be "married" with a specific camera. You can use the SD card interchangeably among cameras provided that the SD card is listed as compatible for the camera model, and is formatted prior to being used in another camera. 

You only had the updated files on the SD card for the HERO3 update, right? Do you get any particular error message, or notification on the LCD screen when you put in the SD card? 

Highlighted
Hiker

I ran the Wifi update on the GoPro3.  I can now preview on my ipad using the app (which i could not do before running the update).  I removed the files from the sd card and can no longer preview.  So I believe you do have to "marry" the card to the camera and keep the update files on the card in order for it to work.  The update does not load into the camera, but runs off the card everytime you use the camera. 

Am I correct in this statement?  From what I have tried 4 times now, it seems to be true.

Highlighted
GoPro

This is odd. The update files on the SD card must have been deleted (like consumed) during the update process, hence, the pairing to a mobile device will not be dependent on "marrying' an SD card with the camera.