Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Continous recording with GoPro 7 Hero Black

[ New ]

Hi,

since Im a beginner using the gopro 7 hero black, I was hoping for guidance or a tip?

Last weekend I was out sledding, with my gopro mounted to my helmet. I descided to set the gopro for continous recording, until the battery runs out of charge. I had the camera software set for:

• 1080/60/Linear

Due to cold weather the battery lasted for approx 1 hour. However, later on the same day when watching the recorded video I noticed the camera automatically "chopped" the 1 hour video in parts of exactly 3,78 Gb or 17 minutes and 38 seconds. Except for the last part naturally.

Is this normal for the Gopro 7 Hero camera?

Can this be altered through a software setting, and if so how?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Continous recording with GoPro 7 Hero Black

[ New ]

Hello, @sharplift64726. The behavior that you observed is normal. The long video getting split into shorter segments is known as chaptering and is automatically done in the camera. Learn more about it through GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information .

View solution in original post

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi there, and thank you for responding!

I´m glad to hear that you comfirm the odd behavior I discovered. Which basically is not odd at all :)

You saved me a ton of work right now, because the people at GoPro support recommended to manually upgrade the software. They had never heard of this before, and basically stated something must be wrong with the camera software....... can you believe it?!

Thanks again!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sharplift64726

Thank you for the feedback.

This will be shared with the team

Regards,

Ej

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @sharplift64726. The behavior that you observed is normal. The long video getting split into shorter segments is known as chaptering and is automatically done in the camera. Learn more about it through GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information .

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi there, and thank you for responding!

I´m glad to hear that you comfirm the odd behavior I discovered. Which basically is not odd at all :)

You saved me a ton of work right now, because the people at GoPro support recommended to manually upgrade the software. They had never heard of this before, and basically stated something must be wrong with the camera software....... can you believe it?!

Thanks again!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sharplift64726

Thank you for the feedback.

This will be shared with the team

Regards,

Ej