Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Contacting support

[ New ]
Good afternoon, my name is Rafael Rojo, I own a GoPro Camera 5 and this week I was in a Waterfall using the devices of this device as it appears in the Instruction Manual. I used it in the form without the protective case, since the place where it was, had small depth, less than 2 meters. After using it for more than 30 minutes taking dozens of pictures, I turned the camera off and when I arrived at my residence I could not turn it on again.
I would like to know which procedure, since I used the machine correctly.
GoPro

Re: Contacting support

[ New ]

Hi @bravehero71015

Please go over the steps on HERO5 Black Will Not Power On

Ensure that the camera is dry before proceeding.

If it's still not turning on, reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern.

They are available by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
With the camera dry, I followed the recommended instructions and still could not turn it on. I live in Brazil, I find it impossible to get in touch by phone, because I do not speak English. And the site does not allow contact via Chat, for the reason of not supporting the language of my Country.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for trying the suggested steps @bravehero71015

You should be able to get through via phone or chat.

Make sure to contact them during their hours of operation listed here.

Brazil

+55 61 355 01332
+55 21 350 02084

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Well, I got in touch with Gopro's support here in Brazil, on the phone +55 21 3500 2084, and there they told me that Gopro has no guarantee of sealing the Gopro 5 camera, so I explained that I used it according to the manual instructions, then they asked to send pictures from the camera, but at first, Gopro did not guarantee the water in the camera. I found it strange because I always used the camera according to the instruction manual, and it's not the first Gopro I've had, it's the second time I've bought Gopro cameras and I've never had problems in that, I'll wait for the assistance answer via Phone and later put here, I hope I do not have to resort to judicial procedures to have my problem solved.