Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Consumo batteria GoPro 7 Black spenta

[ New ]

Buongiorno a tutti,

Ho da poco ricevuto una GoPro HERO7 Black ed ho cominciato ad utilizzarla per alcuni video.

Domenica scorsa, per la prima volta, ho associato uno smart remote alla mia GoPro per poterla accendere e controllare da remoto. Ho quindi dovuto attivare la connessione wireless sulla camera per poterla controllare. Dopo l'utilizzo della GoPro ho spento la camera e non l'ho toccata fino a ieri sera, quando pho provato ad accenderla ed ho scoperto che la batteria era completamente morta (0%).

Domenica sera ho spento la camera senza disabilitare la connesione wireless sulla camera, capisco quindi che anche da spenta questa connessione attiva porti ad un consumo della batteria (sennò non si potrebbe accendere da spenta). Volevo solo sapere se fosse normale che questo consumo andasse avanti fino alla completo scaricamento della batteria o se ci fosse un'impostazione che dopo un tot di ore a camera spenta facesse si che la connesisone wireless venisse comunque disattivata.

La versione firmware della mia camera è l'ultima versione (1.90) quindi credo che siano stati risulti i noti problemi di battery drain delle vecchie versioni.

Grazie mille anticipatamente per il supporto!

Andrea

Adventurer

Re: Consumo batteria GoPro 7 Black spenta

[ New ]

You must  shut down , you can not just walk away and expect things to work when returned.

gopro wifi  can be  manually turned on, and be left on,  and return the next day to reuse the camera if the camera was set up correctly. the BLTE (bluetooth) should have told the wifi to go on a standby, then  keep to a low  power consuption..

I remember leaving on and readin info about the wifi, wake up et that there is astandby and a 8 hour limit,

As we learn the camera some one out there will show how wifi can be left on and return the next day to see a percentage of drop.  I am sure there are vids of peopleshowing and talking about this,

Tourist

Re: Consumo batteria GoPro 7 Black spenta

[ New ]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Probably the automatic translation of my message from Italian to English made it not clear, but you hit the point of my question: I did some tests with my smart remote connected to the GoPro and I noticed that after 8 hours of inactivity I was no longer able to turn on my GoPro with the smart remote.

Probably, as you suggested, there is a standby time limit beyond which the BLTE association with the smart remote is automatically closed.

I also noticed that, when turned off still linked to my smart remote, 1% of the camera battery is consumed every hour for the first 8 hours (probably the time where my GoPro is "listening" for a signal to switch on - and obviously it drain more battery). After that the battery consumption is greatly reduced, probably because the connection between the GoPro and the smart remote is closed and the camera consumes less battery when turned off.

However the most effective solution, as you suggest, is to remember to turn off the wifi manually before turning off the camera at the end of the day in order to preserve the battery drain when turned off.

Thank you so much!

Andrea