Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Constantly freezing GoPro HERO7 Black

About 5 weeks ago I’ve bought a GoPro HERO7 Black (latest firmware has been installed by myself) on GoPro.com. I’ve used it for about 3 weeks now, during my holiday in France, and have made some nice videos. The product is great, but unfortunately, it freezes quite often, and the only solution then is to get the (official) battery out of the cam, put it back in, wait for about 30 seconds till 1 minute and then turn it on again. Sometimes the display freezes (mostly at the moment I stop with recording), but it also happens that the camera doesn’t turn on at all, or doesn’t shut down. I want to be sure the camera always works when I want/need it, and I don’t want to be concerned that it’s possible the cam doesn’t start-up, freezes, or doesn’t turn off.

What could be the case here? I’m using a new SanDisk Extreme A2 128GB microSD card, besides the one I have received from GoPro (32GB). I've already tried formatting both cards (in the camera), but this doesn't solve the freezing problem.

I'm a bit afraid, GoPro will answer here with: "Please contact our support team!", but I'm already trying this for like 3 hours now!

Because https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs tells me (after filling in all the details and giving them my GoPro PLUS membership email address = priority support): "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later.", I'll be using this support hub to get my problem solved (hopefully).

@ GoPro:

Web order number: MP-04229742

Invoice number: NC6003487530

Serial number: C328 1328746216

Note: the address of my GoPro account is not the same address as for my HERO7 Black order

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Constantly freezing GoPro HERO7 Black

Hello, @stephenvdm. You are correct. Only our Support team will be able to assist us with this concern. Try changing the location to the US through the upper-right portion of the contact page. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!