Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Connection issues hero 7 white

[ New ]
Hi

I haven’t been able to connect my go pro and my phone.
I tried to reset connections but that does not seem to even work. Each time I go back to the preference menu, it gives me the option to reset connections but not to add a new device.

Also tried to reset device altogether.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Connection issues hero 7 white

[ New ]

@charlotter81240, thanks for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps. Just a quick additional note, try the following steps one more time to see if these will help resolve the connection problem:

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

If the issue persists, please let our Support team know so they can help you on the next steps.

Your time and patience throughout this process are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @charlotter81240

What phone are you using?

Have you tested to pair the camera with another mobile device?

The steps on Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues should help you out.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej                  

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi! Thank you for your reply.

Using an iPhone 5SE but I have tried with two other phones and my go pro still didn’t show up on the list of Bluetooth devices.

Tried switching the WiFi band. Does not work.

I tried to reset everything but it does not seem to reset the connections - each time I got back in connections it is as if I hadn’t reset.

I will reach out to the customer service support :)
GoPro

[ New ]

@charlotter81240, thanks for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps. Just a quick additional note, try the following steps one more time to see if these will help resolve the connection problem:

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

If the issue persists, please let our Support team know so they can help you on the next steps.

Your time and patience throughout this process are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann