Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Connecting to the GoPro App - Help!

[ New ]

Hello,

I have a Hero 4 GoPro and have ALWAYS had problems connecting the camera to my previous iPhone 7, my current iPhone XR, and my current Lenovo Android Tablet. 

Specifically, I never know what needs to be done on the camera and on my devices to get it to connect, but after toggling buttons, setting BT to pair, setting WiFi to pair...eventually something works and it connects to my iPhone, but I have never had the ability to connect it to my Lenovo Android Tablet (newest of the devices to attempt connection). 

At this point, I am tired of fumbling around the manual and the support site to figure it out (I haven't been able to find anything substantial that explains EXACTLY what I need to do) and would like to ask the community what works best for them - so here I am.

My GoPro App on my Lenovo Android Tablet keeps asking me for a WiFi password that I apparently setup on my camera upon initial setup, but I do not have such password (and please note, I write EVERYTHING down when setting up a new device like this).

Can someone please provide some type of detailed instruction/step-by-step guide on how to properly connect to my HERO 4 Silver?

Also, as a side question: is it just me, or does the battery drain almost 2x faster when wireless mode is enabled?

Thank you in advanced for ANY guidance provided!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Connecting to the GoPro App - Help!

[ New ]

Hi @royalcreek70138

Please note that the GoPro App is not supported on tablets.

See GoPro Mobile Apps Compatibility for reference.

Having wireless connection turned on will contribute to the battery charge consumption.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @royalcreek70138

Please note that the GoPro App is not supported on tablets.

See GoPro Mobile Apps Compatibility for reference.

Having wireless connection turned on will contribute to the battery charge consumption.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the response, but I am using a tablet that has compatibility mode to which I am able to use the App. 

For now, let's assume that I am just looking for assistance with some type of a guide for understanding exactly how to connect the camera to my iPhone XR.

Thanks.