Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Connecting to internet while GoPro is connected to phone WiFi

I am just getting my Hero 5 Session set up with the app on my LG V30 phone but why is it that I can't be connected to my router and the internet at the same time my camera is connected to the app?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Connecting to internet while GoPro is connected to phone WiFi

Your Camera uses WiFi protocal to connect to your phone.  Your phone doesn't support multiple WiFi connections at the same time it apparently only allows for 1 connection.  So therefore you would have to disconnect your camera to reconnect to your router.

Highlighted
Tourist

So, why does the GoPro have to connect to the internet if I am not using any of the cloud upload features on the camera? Is there a way to turn off the cloud features within the app or the camera?

Highlighted
Nomad

So, why does the GoPro have to connect to the internet if I am not using any of the cloud upload features on the camera?

Who says your camera has to connect to the internet?  I'm not sure where you got that information from.  Your GoPro only connects to the app on your phone.  What your phone does is entirely up to you.  

Is there a way to turn off the cloud features within the app or the camera?

There are no cloud features on the camera.  Files transfer from your camera to the GoPro app on your phone.  If you do not have a GoPro plus account, then the app will not upload anything to the GoPro cloud (as you don't have an account).  If you have a GoPro plus account but don't want to auto upload files, then just open the GoPro app, go to settings and select "My Account".  In there make sure mobile upload and Use Cellular data are not selected.  If you don't have a GoPro account you won't be able to adjust these (they will be greyed out) and the services are automatically disabled.