Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Connecting GoPro 8 to PC for livestream

[ New ]

Hello,

I am having difficulty figuring out how to get my new GoPro 8 connected into my PC as a cam so I can livestream with it.

Thanks

Nomad

Re: Connecting GoPro 8 to PC for livestream

[ New ]

I'm not afraid. You create live streams via the GoPro APP via WLAN - and they are only available for mobile devices.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Media Module

Dongle

OBS software and if fee applies

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bryanc6283. There is information about using your camera as a webcam at https://gopro.com/en/us/news/how-to-use-gopro-for-webcam that you may refer to.

Tourist

[ New ]

But these "solutions" require spending approximately an equal amount to buying the GoPro itself! What happened to the firmware update GoPro was promising to release allowing us to simply plug it into our computers via USB to use as a webcam? There's still a huge shortage of actual webcams in the market due to coronavirus lockdowns.

Tourist

[ New ]

i'm sure, that gopro didn't build in the hardware connections to do this!

with no update, it will be possbileb to solve this problem. they only created a camera system (hero 8, max) which is intended for mobile use. the possibilities using this cameras as facecam, ... was not on the to do list!!

they developed a nice little program, to use one!! camera and making little films with the material. 

the idea, that it might be useful to give more then this, may be the use of 2 cameras at the same time in a life stream, one camera and pip for gambilng, was not on the table.

to be honest: this is something like a knock out citeria for this 2 cameras.