Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Connect to GoPro Max issue

[ New ]
Hi all

I just received the GoPro Max. Very excited but I'm having some issues connecting to it using GoPro App. I'm using OnePlus 7 Pro, Android 10. At first, the app detects the device and then prompts that an update is available. So I click update and then it pops up with a window that says "Device to use with GoPro” and after a few seconds it will list my GoPro device name. I click connect but it will fail, showing the next message "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device".

The only way I have managed to get around this was lookup the password on the Max device settings and manually connect on my phone to the WiFi that the Max broadcasts, and connecting via the app (even though it shows the same fail message it connects).

Anyone else? If so, what phone and Android version are you using? Thanks
Screenshot_20191026-004143.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Connect to GoPro Max issue

[ New ]

Hi @stolyarpro

Your camera is set for Auto-Upload.

For this to work, you need to plug it to a power outlet. Connecting it to a USB port on a computer will not initiate the cloud upload.

You may also check How to Add Media to GoPro Plus

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same issue with the 8 black 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue using a Google Pixel  2.  It seems it doesn't work on 5Ghz wifi.  By changing the camera settings to use 2.4Ghz wifi it the works.  Hopefully a patch will fix the issue in future.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same Problem between Hero7black and oneplus 7; idem with this GoPro and an iPhone. The GoPro worked perfectly before.
Hiker

[ New ]
I have tried in 2.4Ghz, still the same problem :(
Sightseer

[ New ]
I just to have the one plus 6t and i didn't have any problem connecting my gopro hero 7
But i switch to one plus 7t and now i can't connect anybody got any luck fixing this problem?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyon!

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

still the issue is same it shows an error the app is not getting connected.