Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Condensation inside the camera "GoPro Hero 9 Black" while walking with the camera on my head

[ New ]

I was walking with the camera on my head, when some condensation got inside the camera.
If the camera is waterproof till 10m depth, something is wrong.

It wasn't supposed to do that.

By the clips, it started  to show around 20 minutes after use, that the image started to blur.

In attachment you have a foto off it. It condenseted in the front screen, and in the lens.

I think that this camera came broken and isn't Waterproof.

I suggest a replacement for this one...

Waiting for a quick reply.

Thanks. 
Mário Costa

c.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg
GoPro

Re: Condensation inside the camera "GoPro Hero 9 Black" while walking with the camera on my head

[ New ]

@maccc1979, fogging can sometimes be as simple as humidity getting in and then appearing as the camera's temp changes. See if keeping the battery door open the battery door in a low-humidity environment will help get rid of the moisture on the screen.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Support Team so they can help look further into it. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

Re: Condensation inside the camera "GoPro Hero 9 Black" while walking with the camera on m

[ New ]

I will still try to put it inside a bucket full of water and see if the problem was humidity inside the camera, or if this one has any problem and water and humidity gets inside the camera.

Backpacker

Re: Condensation inside the camera "GoPro Hero 9 Black" while walking with the camera on m

[ New ]

If your camera hasn't been in a low humidity environment and you put it inside a bucket of water, you are going to create a temperature imbalance and create the exact same type of humidity you are seeing.

Please follow the suggested path of removing the camera battery and leaving the door open in a low humidity environment to prevent humidity from forming. 

Here's a simple physics hint, if your camera wasn't water proof, then the humidity level inside the camera would match the humidity level outside of the camera and you wouldn't see any condensation.  

Hiker

[ New ]
So by that reasoning cameras that are not waterproof can't suffer from internal condensation , hahaha yeah right