Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Computer does not recognise my go pro (hero 4 silver) when trying to download photos

Read "this is a little embarrassing" switched USB cable, and my problem is solved.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Computer does not recognise my go pro (hero 4 silver) when trying to download photos

Hi, having the same problem here.. I connected my HERO4 with the cable given to my ACER laptop.. There's red light but not like usual, there's no USB logo appear.. I left it for few minutes and it did charging.. Had transfering and editing before.. Goes well only ths time 😪
Highlighted
Anonymous

I experienced the same issue.  I did not realize I was trying to use the cord which came with my battery charging unit rather than the cord that came with the GoPro.  As soon as I used the cord that came with my GoPro the computer instantly recognized the camera and I moved files with ease.  It took me months to figure this out...

Highlighted
Sightseer

WOW! Don't feel embarassed the same thing just happened to me! Smiley LOL I know a lot of people never reply once they get their fix, so thanks so much for actually answering back