Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Complaint in gopro hero6

Hello gopro team,
My name is shamis and i would like to make a complaint about my gopro hero6.unfortunately when i used it under water and after that it does not get turnoff and there is a little bit of water inside between the lenses and glass.
I am so frustated about that and i kindly requested to the gopro team to solve my problem .
Faithfully shamis

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Complaint in gopro hero6

How are you trying to power off the camera?  Which button are you pressing and how long are you holding it for?

I find that with the Hero 6, you cannot power off straight after you turn on the camera, you have to wait at least 10 seconds after powering on.  Then simply hold in the side button for 3 seconds and then stop pressing.  The camera should power off within 5 seconds.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Remove the battery, that will turn off your camera.

Remove the front lens, leave the battery cover open and make sure there is air circulating around the camera, that will help remove the condensation you are seeing.  In future you may want to aclimatise your camera to the temperature of the water to help prevent condensation from forming.

Highlighted
Tourist

The problem still exists. I think the removal of battery for turnoff is not a better solution at all. And the condensation got removed and i am extremly happy for that. But i cannot poweroff the camera without removing the battery.
Highlighted
Nomad

How are you trying to power off the camera?  Which button are you pressing and how long are you holding it for?

I find that with the Hero 6, you cannot power off straight after you turn on the camera, you have to wait at least 10 seconds after powering on.  Then simply hold in the side button for 3 seconds and then stop pressing.  The camera should power off within 5 seconds.