Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Combine Several video captures and retain GPS data

Thanks for sharing, @sweetstoke33037.

Highlighted
Tourist

Great idea but id didn't work for me. It only shows first part of a map, first part of a distance and speed 1km/h only (all time)... :/

Highlighted
Tourist

@alx999 Were you using my app (GPDM) or the manual method? If you have files that didn't work and want to send them to me I will have a look and fix it. Since I wrote this app I've done hundreds of files without problems and it's so easy now.

Highlighted
Hiker

but did you merge the GPS files?

Highlighted
Tourist

I did! :)

Anyway, guys thank you very much for your quick replies, in contrary to GoPro support team... Well, I have to say that! Imagine that you are buying services (well this piece of equipment is service i.e. experience), you see all those videos on youtube all saying how good this is and whatnots and then you pay your hard-earned money just to be F*** over, just because of false advertising... I really like my new GoPro (first ever sport camera) and I really like the idea behind Quick Stories (great idea! well-done guys, although I've already had multiple issues with it) but for the time I have wasted trying to resolve obvious issues so far it looks like it's not worth it! And it's not like it's for free, it is a very expensive and worthless piece of equipment... As for me, it looks like GoPro have some big issues inside the company there!   

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @zaxs thank you very much for your reply. No, I haven't tried your method yet. Tonight, I will try merging gpx file from some other app with my today's video and will see if that's working or not, if not I will read more carefully this thread AGAIN :) and will try to go your direction then.

What I've done and is not working for me so far is:

1. Extracting GoPro Telemetry - https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/ [OK]

a) Merge GPX files into one GPX file - https://joewein.net/bike/gpxmerge/ [OK]

b) Extract GPX from Endomondo [OK]
3. Merging videos in Movie Maker [OK]
4. Mering Merged video and merged GPX file in Virb [FAIL] - GPX data (ie, map, speed etc) displayed in the merged video only from first GoPro video (out of four)

Highlighted
Tourist

@alx999 Here's what I do.

1. Merge the videos using Dashware (it works for the video and exports all the data csv's but does not merge them)

2. Use my app to merge the data

3. Load the merged video and data in Dashware

It's the quickest method I've found. The GPS map and all the data then loads correctly in Dashware.

Highlighted
Tourist

@zaxs wrote:

@alx999Here's what I do.

1. Merge the videos using Dashware (it works for the video and exports all the data csv's but does not merge them)

2. Use my app to merge the data

3. Load the merged video and data in Dashware

It's the quickest method I've found. The GPS map and all the data then loads correctly in Dashware.

I'm curious how you got Dashware to work. Every time I try to use it to merge the videos from my Go Pro it crashes or errors out.